Once again, we have partnered with The Listening Room Network to host the submission and judging process. The process is the same as last year and the application fee remains at $15 as it has been since 2012.
May 31, 2015 Showcase submission window closes at midnight (Central time) end of day
June 1-30, 2015 Judges review submissions
July 1-15, 2015 Selected artists and alternates will be notified privately
July 15, 2015 Finalists and alternates will be announced publicly
October 22-25 FARM Conference in Iowa City, Iowa
Folk Alliance Region Midwest (FARM) is pleased announce the performers for its FARMette conference on May 2nd. In alphabetical order, they are:
- Andrew McKnight
- Chad Elliott
- Chase Brady
- Charlie Mosbrook
- Ida Jo
- Josh Rose
- Mike Vial
- Samuel Payne
- Shivering Timbers
- Sugar Still
- The Whipstitch Sallies
FARM congratulates these artists who were selected. And our deepest appreciation goes to all of the artist applicants for participating, and for strengthening the field of choices afforded to the judges.
Sincere thanks to our expert judges, for giving freely of their time to select our winners. Again alphabetically:
- Dave Sheely of the Celebrate Hudson concert series in southeast Michigan
- David Sears, DJ of WBGU 88.1-fm‘s Folk and World show
- Doug Evans, Marketing Director at the Six String Concerts series
- Jenna Juredine, proprietor of the Barking Spider Tavern in Cleveland
- Mary McAdams, Iowa singer-songwriter, 2013 Kerrville New Folk finalist, and NPR Mountain Stage Regional Finalist
- Rob Rabb, of Rob Rabb Productions, managing performers, and booking Akron’s Musica and Empire Concert Club
- Tom Gorman, Ohio / North Carolina singer-songwriter, 1999 Kerrville Emerging Songwriter Finalist, past FARM Treasurer
Thanks also to Listening Room Network for again providing online resources to facilitate the submission and judging process.
We’re looking forward to another spectacular Official Showcase on May 2nd!
We are pleased to announce that Kitty Donohoe will be hosting a songwriting workshop at FARMette.
FARMette has previously announced two additional workshops: Joann Murdock, “Taking it to the next level” and Andy Cohen, “Why it would benefit everybody to study as many traditional players and as much traditional music as they possibly can.”
FARMette is a one day conference hosted by Folk Alliance Region Midwes (FARM) and is being held on Saturday, May 2nd at Camp Palmer in Northwest Ohio. There will be 10 juried showcases, 18 additional showcases, 3 workshops, a venue discussion and late night campfire and jam.