2015 Private Showcase Hosts will be listed here in September, 2015
In 2015, we will once again provide an online Private Showcase Schedule application. Instead of printing the schedule – and since there are multiple ways you’d like to see the schedule it takes lots of pages – you can now look it up on your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Want to know the line up in a particular room? Click on the host button and sort by the host rooms. Want to know when your favorite musician is performing? Click on the performer button. Standing in the hallway at 1:30 on Friday night with no idea where to go? Click on the date/time button. Check it out. We think it is a good idea but we’d like your comments. The app was designed by our Official Showcase emcee, B. Ryan B. so congratulate him on a job well done.
A link to the private showcase schedule will be posted a month before the conference
What others have said about the Private Showcases at FARM.
The YaYas attended their first FARM in 2011 and from the Performance Lane and Private Showcases, we were able to book some great gigs in the Midwest. Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to put together a great conference. We had a wonderful experience. – Jay Mafale (The YaYas)
FARM will be designating a limited number of hotel rooms, all poolside at the Sheraton Iowa City, for Private Showcases. The private showcase area at the 2015 conference will be an exciting and inviting place to be!!
- Deadline for applying to present (host) a private showcase is September 1st.
- The fee for hosting a private showcase room is $125 per night – this INCLUDES the cost of the hotel room!!
- DO NOT reserve a room to use for your Private Showcase. Private Showcase room reservations will be handled directly with FARM (Jacquelyn Strickland, our venerable Private Showcase coordinator – see below for her email link).
- Reserve your Private Showcase Room by making payment via the Pay For Things page. Choose “FARM Private Showcase Room Fee”. One fee per night that you will host a room. This fee must be paid by September 1st.
- Private Showcases will be allowed Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights beginning at midnight and ending at 2am. We prefer that a host run their showcase all three nights, but one or two night arrangements are possible.
- Absolutely NO amplification will be allowed.
- Full conference registration is required for ALL performers and hosts.
- Complete showcase schedules must be submitted in advance (deadline October 1, 2015)
How to apply to present (host) a private showcase.
Download the Private Showcase Application. Download and open the form with Adobe Reader. Data may be entered and the form can be saved. Email the complete form to Jacquelyn Strickland ( jacquelyn
Reserve your Private Showcase Room by making payment via the Pay For Things page. Choose “FARM Private Showcase Room Fee”. One fee per night that you will host a room. This fee must be paid by September 1st.
Note: Hotel room reservations for private showcase rooms will work differently this year. You will reserve the room directly with FARM. The cost of $125 per night includes a hotel room in the private showcase area, and the fee for hosting. You are welcome to sleep in this room. Please indicate on the application whether you will sleep in the showcase room, or book a separate room. If you want a separate sleeping room, please book that directly with the Sheraton (see the Hotel Info page)
How to Solicit Private Showcase MUSICIANS
Click here to join our listserve: http://www.folkserv.net/mailman/listinfo/farm
Solicitation is open now to both artists and hosts. When available, the names and contacts of hosts will be posted here. Sign up for our mailing list if you’re not already on it for updates.
Some Private Showcase Hosts may choose to charge the showcasing artists a small fee to help offset the cost of their room, refreshments and advertising. This is optional and at the discretion of each individual host.
ABSOLUTELY NO guerrilla or any other type of in-room showcasing will be allowed in any other rooms.
Private Showcase coordinator is Jacquelyn Strickland ( jacquelyn
Sign up to receive our newsletters to be notified when this information is updated.