2014 Private Showcase Hosts.
- K C Cafe Radio – Kathy Forste – firstname.lastname@example.org – Schedule is FULL
- Folknet – Charlie Mosbrook – email@example.com
- Uncorked – Loretta Sawyer – firstname.lastname@example.org – Schedule is FULL
- Lilfest – Nancy Emrich Freeman – email@example.com – Schedule is FULL
- Pump House Concerts – Smitty Smith – firstname.lastname@example.org – Schedule is FULL
- Gin Ridge Records – Chris Vallillo – email@example.com – Schedule is FULL
- The Old Home Place – Jacquelyn & Lyal Strickland – firstname.lastname@example.org – Schedule is FULL
- The Magic of Music – Emily White, Hope Dunbar, Emily Dunbar, Heather Miller & Katie Dahl – email@example.com
- Access Film Music – Chicago Mike Beck / Access Film Music Ltd. – firstname.lastname@example.org – Schedule is FULL
The rooms are filling quickly. As far as we know there still some opening. If you are interested in performing contact the room hosts ASAP. The rooms are filling quickly.
We are introducing something new for 2014, an online Private Showcase Schedule application. Instead to printing the schedule – and since there are multiple ways you’d like to see the schedule it takes lots of pages – you can now look it up on your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Want to know the line up in a particular room? Click on the host button and sort by the host rooms. Want to know when your favorite musician is performing? Click on the performer button. Standing in the hallway at 1:30 on Friday night with no idea where to go? Click on the date/time button. Check it out. We think it is a good idea but we’d like your comments. The app was designed by our Official Showcase emcee, B. Ryan B. so congratulate him on a job well done.
What others have said about the Private Showcases at FARM.
The YaYas attended their first FARM in 2011 and from the Performance Lane and Private Showcases, we were able to book some great gigs in the Midwest. Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to put together a great conference. We had a wonderful experience. – Jay Mafale (The YaYas)
FARM will be designating a limited number of hotel rooms on the second floor for Private Showcases. The number will be based on demand but will not exceed 12.
- Deadline for applying to present (host) a private showcase is September 1st.
- The fee for hosting a private showcase room is $25 per night (limit 1 room per host)
- Showcases will be allowed Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights beginning no earlier than 12am (technically Friday Morning) and ending no later than 2am.
- Absolutely NO amplification will be allowed.
- Full conference registration is required for ALL performers and spectators.
- Complete showcase schedules must be submitted in advance (deadline October 1, 2013)
How to apply to present (host) a private showcase.
Click here to download the Private Showcase Application. Download and open the form with Adobe Reader. Data may be entered and the form can be saved. Email the complete form to Smitty Smith (email@example.com).
Note: Hotel room reservations must be made directly through the Sheraton via this link: Click Here to Book. No need to request a specific room location. Room #’s will be assigned by FARM in plenty of time to advertise.
How to Solicit Private Showcase MUSICIANS
Click here to join our listserve: http://www.folkserv.net/mailman/listinfo/farm
Solicitation is open now to both artists and hosts. When available, the names and contacts of hosts will be posted here. Sign up for our mailing list if you’re not already on it for updates.
Some Private Showcase Hosts may choose to charge the showcasing artists a small fee to help offset the cost of their room, refreshments and advertising. This is optional and at the discretion of each individual host.
ABSOLUTELY NO guerrilla or other types of in-room showcasing will be allowed in any other room on any non-designated floor without prior application and approval from FARM.
Private Showcase coordinator is Smitty Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have further questions.
Sign up to receive our newsletters to be notified when this information is updated.