Workshops & Panels
FARM 2015 Workshops announced.
At FARM we think the workshops at your conference are a key part of an educational, fun, and worthwhile conference. Our two workshop coordinators, Charlie Mosbrook and Andrew Calhoun, have been hard at work developing another amazing slate of workshops and related events for this year’s conference.
Workshops and Panels Overview
Every year we work hard behind the scenes to bring you a diverse line-up of workshops and panels, with a host of experts from our own community who can address current technology, the changing face of the independent music business, as well as performance and instrument techniques.
Workshops will take place on Friday and Saturday afternoons and we plan to offer a master class on Thursday afternoon.
Following is our list of workshop topics (have you registered yet??? If not, now’s the time!) and likely workshop leaders or panel participants. The schedule is being developed and will be shared in mid September.
FARM Workshops – 2015 Conference
- Music Law 101: Copyrighting, trademarking, etc. – Peter Strand
- Songwriters Music In Live Theater – Grant Freeman
- How to Get the Gig – Melissa Dagenhart and more
- Effortless Singing And Harmony – Brenda Freed
- Creating Press Kits and General Graphic Design Tips for Musicians – Annie Capps and more
- Folk DJ panel. Lilli Kuzma and other Folk DJs
- Presenter (Venue) Discussion – Rick Vines and more
- PRO’s for Both Artists and Presenters – Peter Strand
- Stagecraft panel – “The Power of Song Introductions.” – Sue Fink, Emily White, Heather Styka
- DYI International Touring – Mike Beck, Lizanne Knott
- Music in Film – Mike Beck
- The Mindful Musician: Coping With the Emotions of Booking, Gigging, and Touring – Heather Styka, Maureen Hall
- Poets and Lyrics
- Roots In The Church – Gina Forsyth, Greg Brown
- Musicality – Stand Out From The Crowd and Enhance Your Musicianship – Eric Lambert
Also, FARM is happy to be planning the following events during the conference:
The Legacy of Art Theim – Mark Dvorak
Dance – Becca Rhodes
Master Class / Songwriting
If you would like to propose a workshop for our 2016 conference send an email to Charlie Mosbrook email@example.com and please include the following information:
- Workshop subject (title is even better) and description.
- A short paragraph describing your experience in presenting this workshop
Answer the following additional questions:
- Would your topic work as panel? or would you consider working with a co-facilitator?
- Have you presented this workshop at a previous FARM or other Folk Conference event? When?
- Will you be attending the entire conference? Any scheduling requests
Feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any general questions.