In 2016, we are once again providing an online, sortable and filterable Private Showcase Schedule. Instead of printing the schedule - and since there are multiple ways you'd like to see the schedule it takes lots of pages - you can now look it up on your smart phone, tablet or laptop. Want to know the line up in a particular room? Click on the host button and sort by the host rooms. Want to know when your favorite musician is performing? Click on the performer button. Standing in the hallway at 1:30 on Friday night with no idea where to go? Click on the date/time button. Check it out. This "app" was designed by B. Ryan B., so congratulate him on a job well done.
The latest schedule can be found here.ABOUT FARM's PRIVATE SHOWCASES: What others have said about the Private Showcases at FARM.
"The YaYas attended their first FARM in 2011 and from the Performance Lane and Private Showcases, we were able to book some great gigs in the Midwest. Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to put together a great conference. We had a wonderful experience." – Jay Mafale (The YaYas)FARM will be designating thirteen hotel rooms, all poolside at the Sheraton Iowa City, for Private Showcases. The private showcase area at the 2016 conference will be an exciting and inviting place to be!! And our chief of terrier security and cuteness, Champ, will return to FARM in 2016. Private Showcases will run from midnight to 2am each night of the conference (Thur, Fri, Sat). The first section below is for HOSTS. If you are a PERFORMER, please scroll down a bit for info on how to secure gigs in the Private Showcase rooms. Note: Host hotel room reservations for private showcase rooms will work the same as last year. You will reserve the private showcase room directly with FARM (not thru the hotel). The cost of $125 per night includes a hotel room in the private showcase area, and the fee for hosting. You are welcome to sleep in this room. If you want a separate sleeping room, please book that directly with the Sheraton (see the Hotel Info page). We really really really prefer to have you host a room all three nights. As an incentive, if you do this, you will be able to move into your room on Wednesday - a day early. Priority will be given to hosts that apply for all three nights of FARM.
- Deadline for applying to present (host) a private showcase is September 1st.
- The fee for hosting a private showcase room is $125 per night - this INCLUDES the cost of the hotel room!!
- DO NOT reserve a room with the hotel to use for your Private Showcase. Private Showcase room reservations will be handled directly with FARM (by Jacquelyn Strickland, our venerable Private Showcase coordinator).
- Reserve your Private Showcase Room by making payment via the Pay For Things page. Choose "FARM Private Showcase Room Fee". One fee per night that you will host a room. This fee must be paid by September 1st.
- Private Showcases will be allowed Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights beginning at midnight and ending at 2am. We prefer that a host run their showcase all three nights, but one or two night arrangements are possible.
- Absolutely NO amplification will be allowed.
- Full conference registration is required for ALL performers and hosts.
- Complete showcase schedules must be submitted in advance (deadline October 1, 2015)
How to apply to present (host) a private showcase.Email the following information to Jacquelyn Strickland ( jacquelyn
210 - Lilfest Nancy Emrich Freeman email@example.com
FULL 214 - Uncorked Loretta Sawyer firstname.lastname@example.org
216 - Folknet Charlie Mosbrook email@example.com
208 - On The Tracks Annie & Rod Capps firstname.lastname@example.org
FULL 230 - Bliss Hippy Richard & Maureen Hall email@example.com
212 - Two Way Street Kristin Fuller firstname.lastname@example.org
FULL 220 - First Timers Jacquelyn Strickland email@example.com
218 - Access Film Music Chicago Mike Beck firstname.lastname@example.org
222 - The Warming House John Louis email@example.com
226 - Jason & Ginger's Jason & Ginger firstname.lastname@example.org
FULL 224 - FARM After Dark Rick Vines email@example.com
232 - Wisconsin Singer/ Joe DeLucia wsss
228 - Ampersand Records Spook Handy Spook@spookhandy.com
(Thursday & Saturday only)
228 - Gin Ridge Records Chris Vallillo (Friday only) firstname.lastname@example.orgNOTE TO FARM FIRST TIME ATTENDEES: We will again have a Private Showcase room reserved for first time attendees (1st timers). If this is your first time registering for FARM, you are eligible! The 1st Timer room will feature a series of 30 minute In The Round performances, each consisting of three 1st time attendees. Spots in this room will be assigned based your request with priority based on REGISTRATION ORDER. There are 36 spots available to 1st timers. Email Jacquelyn Strickland, of your interests, and tell her any date / time preferences to help her schedule you. NOTE: THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR PERFORMING IN THE FIRST TIMER ROOM. FARM IS HAPPY TO SPONSOR THIS PRIVATE SHOWCASE ROOM!