What others have said about the Private Showcases at FARM.
“The YaYas attended their first FARM in 2011 and from the Performance Lane and Private Showcases, we were able to book some great gigs in the Midwest. Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to put together a great conference. We had a wonderful experience.” – Jay Mafale (The YaYas)
FARM will be designating thirteen hotel rooms, all poolside at the Sheraton Iowa City, for Private Showcases. The private showcase area at the 2016 conference will be an exciting and inviting place to be!! And our chief of terrier security and cuteness, Champ, will return to FARM in 2016. Private Showcases will run from midnight to 2am each night of the conference (Thur, Fri, Sat).
The first section below is for HOSTS. If you are a PERFORMER, please scroll down a bit for info on how to secure gigs in the Private Showcase rooms.
Note: Host hotel room reservations for private showcase rooms will work the same as last year. You will reserve the private showcase room directly with FARM (not thru the hotel). The cost of $125 per night includes a hotel room in the private showcase area, and the fee for hosting. You are welcome to sleep in this room. If you want a separate sleeping room, please book that directly with the Sheraton (see the Hotel Info page). We really really really prefer to have you host a room all three nights. As an incentive, if you do this, you will be able to move into your room on Wednesday – a day early. Priority will be given to hosts that apply for all three nights of FARM.
- Deadline for applying to present (host) a private showcase is September 1st.
- The fee for hosting a private showcase room is $125 per night – this INCLUDES the cost of the hotel room!!
- DO NOT reserve a room with the hotel to use for your Private Showcase. Private Showcase room reservations will be handled directly with FARM (by Jacquelyn Strickland, our venerable Private Showcase coordinator).
- Reserve your Private Showcase Room by making payment via the Pay For Things page. Choose “FARM Private Showcase Room Fee”. One fee per night that you will host a room. This fee must be paid by September 1st.
- Private Showcases will be allowed Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights beginning at midnight and ending at 2am. We prefer that a host run their showcase all three nights, but one or two night arrangements are possible.
- Absolutely NO amplification will be allowed.
- Full conference registration is required for ALL performers and hosts.
- Complete showcase schedules must be submitted in advance (deadline October 1, 2015)
How to apply to present (host) a private showcase.
Email the following information to Jacquelyn Strickland ( jacquelyn
Showcase room host name, email address, cell phone number, and showcase room title. Also, tell Jacquelyn whether or not you will be sleeping in your private showcase room.
Reserve your Private Showcase Room by making payment via the Pay For Things page. Choose “FARM Private Showcase Room Fee”. One fee per night that you will host a room. This fee must be paid by September 1st.
INFORMATION FOR PERFORMERS:
Your hosts, (those signed up so far), with contact info, are:
NOTE TO FARM FIRST TIME ATTENDEES:
We will again have a Private Showcase room reserved for first time attendees (1st timers). If this is your first time registering for FARM, you are eligible! The 1st Timer room will feature a series of 30 minute In The Round performances, each consisting of three 1st time attendees. Spots in this room will be assigned based your request with priority based on REGISTRATION ORDER. There are 36 spots available to 1st timers.
Email Jacquelyn Strickland, of your interests, and tell her any date / time preferences to help her schedule you.
NOTE: THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR PERFORMING IN THE FIRST TIMER ROOM. FARM IS HAPPY TO SPONSOR THIS PRIVATE SHOWCASE ROOM!
How to Solicit Private Showcase MUSICIANS or HOSTS
Click HERE (scroll down below the email signup section) for info on how to join our listserve, which is the primary communications tool for soliciting gigs in private showcases. And while you are on that page, signup for the newsletter email list (if you haven’t already). The newsletter will keep you very informed regarding the conference and all FARM activities.
Once you are signed up for the listserve, performers and hosts can send emails to everyone else on the list serve, stating your interest in performing in a private showcase room.
Solicitation is open now to both artists and hosts. When available, the names and contacts of hosts will be posted here. Sign up for our mailing list (click HERE) for updates.
Some Private Showcase Hosts may choose to charge the showcasing artists a small fee to help offset the cost of their room, refreshments and advertising. This is optional and at the discretion of each individual host.
ABSOLUTELY NO guerrilla or any other type of in-room showcasing will be allowed in any other rooms or at any other times.
Private Showcase coordinator is Jacquelyn Strickland ( jacquelyn
Sign up to receive our newsletters to be notified when this information is updated.